Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) is a successor to original Galaxy A5.It has many upgrades over its predecessor.Samsung upgrades display resolution to 1080p and a new chipset with great performance.Galaxy A5 (2016) has 13 MP camera at back and 5 MP camera at the front for better photography.Samsung also adds a fingerprint reader in home button for more security.For stunning look Galaxy A5 (2016) has a metal frame and 2.5D Gorilla Glass.All of these features makes Galaxy A5 (2016) a great upgrade over original Galaxy A5.
Samsung recently pulled out Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for Galaxy A5 (2016).This update brings many new features like Doze etc.So if you did not update your Galaxy A5 (2016) to Marshmallow then update now.And if you already update and want to get root access on your Marshmallow based Galaxy A5 (2016) then follow the given guide.This guide will help you in rooting your Galaxy A5 (2016) on Marshmallow.
WARNING - Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Samsung USB Driver
- Odin3 v3.10.6.zip
- Check the model number of your Galaxy A5 (2016) by going to Settings>>About menu and download root file for your device:
- CF-Auto-Root-a5xelte-a5xeltexx-sma510f.zip (For SM-A510F)
- CF-Auto-Root-a5xeltektt-a5xeltektt-sma510k.zip (For SM-A510K)
- CF-Auto-Root-a5xeltelgt-a5xeltelgt-sma510l.zip (For SM-A510L)
- CF-Auto-Root-a5xelte-a5xelteub-sma510m.zip (For SM-A510M)
- CF-Auto-Root-a5xelteskt-a5xelteskt-sma510s.zip (For SM-A510S)
- CF-Auto-Root-a5xelte-a5xeltedo-sma510y.zip (For SM-A510Y)
How to root Galaxy A5 (2016) on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Install the USB driver for your Galaxy A5 (2016).
- Unzip the CF-Auto-Root file and get the root file.
- Enable Developer options on your smartphone by going to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down,Home and Power button.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable and confirm download mode.
- Unzip Odin3 file and open Odin3.exe.
- Make sure that only "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" is selected in the options menu.
- Click on AP button and select unzipped root file.
- Click on Start button to begin the process.