Huawei Honor 4X is a budget smartphone with great specs.It has 5.5 inches 720p IPS display and Snapdragon 410 chipset with 2 GB ram.Honor 4X has 13 MP camera at back and 5 MP selfie shooter.Huawei updates Honor 4X to Marshmallow.This update brings many new features and improvements.Honor 4X also support microSD and dual-sim options with both sims support LTE.This smartphone has a 3000mAh battery.
TeamWin team brings TWRP recovery for Honor 4X.Custom Recovery allows you to tweak your phone more deeply.You can root your Honor 4X, flash custom ROM and make some other changes to the operating system after installing TWRP recovery.Rooting your Honor 4X allows you to deep access into the operating system of your Honor 4X.There are many apps that require root access to do certain tasks.
Here we are going to show you how to flash TWRP recovery on Honor 4X.We are also going to show you how to root Honor 4X after installing TWRP recovery.You need to flash the TWRP recovery file with the help of Fastboot and then flash the root file using TWRP recovery on your Honor 4X.So follow the below guide to install TWRP recovery and root Honor 4X.
WARNING - Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Step to flash TWRP Recovery on Honor 4X
- First, you need to unlock the bootloader of your Honor 4X.
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About and tap on build number 7 times.
- Enable USB debugging on your smartphone by going to Settings>>Developer options.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into the root folder of your Honor 4X.
- Install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your computer.
- Open the folder where you setup the ADB and Fastboot.
- Move the TWRP Recovery file into that folder.
- Press Shift and Right-click on blank space in ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Click on Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command window.
- In command window type "adb reboot bootloader" to boot your Honor 4X into bootloader mode.
- Type "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-IMAGE-NAME" to flash TWRP recovery.Change TWRP-IMAGE-NAME with the name of TWRP recovery file.
Step to Root Honor 4X with TWRP Recovery
- In ADB and Fastboot command window type "adb reboot recovery" to boot your Honor 4X into recovery mode.
- Disconnect your smartphone from your computer.
- In TWRP recovery tap on Install button.
- Select the SuperSU.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is completed reboot your smartphone normally.