Huawei Honor 5C is great Android smartphone at a decent price.It has 5.2 inches 1080p IPS display and octa-core chipset with 2 GB ram.TWRP team released TWRP recovery for Honor 5C.So now you can flash TWRP recovery on Honor 5C.TWRP recovery allows you to root your smartphone and flash custom ROM.You can also tweak your Honor 5C after installing TWRP recovery.Rooting your Honor 5C allows you to access deep into your smartphone.
Here we are going to show you how to flash TWRP recovery on Honor 5C.We are also going to show you how to root Honor 5C.You will need to flash the TWRP recovery first in order to get root access.After installing the TWRP recovery we will flash the SuperSU file with the help of TWRP and get root access on Honor 5C.Follow the below guide to install TWRP recovery and root Honor 5C.
WARNING - Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Step to Flash TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 5C
- Unlock the bootloader of your Honor 5C.
- Install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Honor 5C by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into your Honor 5C.
- Open the folder where you setup the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Move the TWRP Recovery file into that folder.
- Press Shift and Right-click on empty space in Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command window.
- Type "adb reboot bootloader" to boot your Honor 5C into bootloader mode.
- Type "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-FILE-NAME" to flash TWRP recovery.Change TWRP-FILE-NAME with the name of TWRP recovery file.
- Now, enter into recovery mode by typing "adb reboot recovery" into the command prompt.
- In TWRP Recovery tap on Install.
- Select SuperSU.zip file and swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Reboot your smartphone normally.