Motorola G 2014 is a mid-range Android smartphone also known as Moto G2 or Moto G 2nd Generation.This smartphone runs on pure Android.So if you want to get pure Android experience at a cheap price then go with Moto G2.Moto G2 has 8 Mp camera and 5 inches 720p display which is enough according to the price of this smartphone.But there are always some things that you don't want in your smartphone software.To change these things you need to flash some kind of tweak files on your Moto G2.These files can be flashed with the help of custom recovery.
TeamWin released TWRP recovery for Moto G2.TWRP Recovery is well-known custom recovery for Android smartphone.So it is great that they released TWRP recovery for Moto G2.TWRP recovery allows your to make the full backup of your smartphone.Flashing TWRP recovery on your Moto G2 is your first step towards tweaking your smartphone.You can also flash custom ROM like CyanogenMod to update your Moto G2 to latest Android version with the help of TWRP Recovery.There are also many tweaks for Android that need to flash through recovery.
To flash TWRP recovery on your Moto G2 follows the given tutorial.You need to unlock the bootloader of your moto G2 before flashing TWRP recovery.We are going to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto G2 with the help of Fastboot and ADB if you haven't rooted your Moto G2.So you require a computer to setup ADB and Fastboot.But if you rooted your Moto G2 then you can flash TWRP recovery with the help of TWRP Manager.We are going to show you both methods.So follow the below step-by-step guide to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto G2.
WARNING - Flashing custom recovery on your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Flash TWRP Recovery on Moto G2 with ADB and Fastboot
- Install the USB driver and Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer.
- Move the TWRP recovery file into the folder where you setup the Fastboot and ADB.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Moto G2 by going to Settings>>Developer options>>USB Debugging.
- Open the folder where you setup the ADB and Fastboot.
- Press Shift+Right click on blank space in the folder.
- Select Open command window here to open Fastboot and ADB command window.
- In command window type "fastboot boot bootloader" to boot your smartphone into Fastboot mode.
- When your smartphone is in Fastboot mode type "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-File-Name.img" to flash TWRP recovery.Change TWRP-Recovery-File-Name.img with the file name of TWRP recovery file.
- Type "fastboot boot recovery" to boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery mode.
Flash TWRP Recovery on rooted Moto G2 using TWRP Manager
- Follow the given link and install TWRP Manager from Play Store.
- Open TWRP Manager.
- Tap on Install TWRP button.
- Choose titan from given device list.
- Tap on Install Recovery.
- TWRP Manager will download required files and flash TWRP Recovery on your smartphone.
- You can boot your Moto G2 into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together while the device is turned off and then selecting the recovery option.