Samsung Galaxy J2 is a budget Android smartphone launched in September 2015.It comes with 4.7 inches Super AMOLED display with 540 x 960 pixels resolution.Galaxy J2 is powered by Exynos 3475 chipset which is a quad-core processor clocked at 1.3 GHz and 1 GB ram.Galaxy J2 is good according to the price of this smartphone.This smartphone has 5 MP main camera and 2 MP selfie shooter at front.Galaxy J2 has 8 GB of internal storage with microSD support.There is also a dual sim variant of Galaxy J2.
Flashing custom recovery and rooting your Galaxy J2 allows you to tweak your smartphone and get most out of it.Here we are going to share TWRP recovery for Galaxy J2 with you.Custom recovery helps you in fully backup your smartphone, flash tweak files and install custom ROM.Getting root access on your Galaxy J2 allows you to overclock or underclock your smartphone processor.Galaxy J2 has only 8 GB of internal storage which fills up easily.So rooting allows you to uninstall some unwanted apps and free up some more storage which is the best feature of rooting for devices with low internal storage.
You can easily flash TWRP recovery and root your Galaxy J2.First, you need to install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy J2 with the help of Odin.And then you can flash root files using TWRP recovery on your Galaxy J2.So if you want to install TWRP recovery and root Galaxy J2 then follow the given guide.This guide will help you step by step in flashing TWRP recovery and rooting Galaxy J2.This guide is only for Galaxy J2 J200F, J200Y, J200G, J200H and J200GU.
WARNING - Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J2 using Odin
- Install the Samsung USB Driver on your computer.
- Unzip the Odin3v3.12.3.zip file into your computer.
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Enable Developer options on your smartphone by going to Settings>>About and tap 7 times on Build number.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Power off your Galaxy J2 and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Home and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you unzip the Odin3 file and open Odin3 software.
- Press volume up button on your smartphone to confirm the download mode.
- Odin will show "Added " message when your smartphone is connected.
- Make sure that only "Auto Reboot" and "f.Reset Time" is selected in the options menu.
- Click on AP button and select the TWRP-Recovery.img.tar file.
- Click on Start button to begin the process.
Root Galaxy J2 using TWRP Recovery
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone if you already haven't.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up, Home and power button together.
- In TWRP recovery tap on Install button.
- Select the SuperSu.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is completed reboot your smartphone.