YU which is a Micromax sub-brand launched YU Yunique in September 2015.YU Yunique is low price smartphone with good specification according to the price of this smartphone.YU Yunique packs Snapdragon 410 chipset with 1 GB ram which is not for the hard-core user but enough for daily usage and at this price point.YU Yunique comes with 4.7 inches 720p display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.YU Yunique runs on Cyanogen OS based on Lollipop out of the box.But YU released YU Open OS for YU smartphones later which is based on Android Marshmallow.
Rooting your YU Yunique has many advantages.You can uninstall pre-installed apps that are not useful to free up some space after getting root access on your YU Yunique.You can disable those apps but can't remove them without root.So you need to root your YU Yunique to uninstall bloatware are make your smartphone more speedy.So if you want to root you YU Yunique follow the below guide.
You need to flash TWRP Recovery on your YU Yunique before rooting.Installing TWRP Recovery allows you to flash SuperSU file on your smartphone.TWRP Recovery is a well-known custom recovery for Android that is also used to flash other tweak files.You first need to unlock the bootloader.Once the bootloader is unlocked, you can flash TWRP Recovery files using ADB and Fastboot.Below is a step by step guide to flash TWRP Recovery and Root YU Yunique.This guide also helps you in unlocking the bootloader.
WARNING - Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Step to unlock bootloader and flash TWRP Recovery on YU Yunique
- Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your computer.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery-IMG file into the folder where you install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.If your smartphone has not Developer options the go into About and tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by holding Volume up key and connecting your smartphone to the computer using a USB data cable.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Press Shift+Right click on blank space in that folder and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In the command prompt type "fastboot devices" to confirm that your smartphone is connected.
- Type "fastboot oem unlock" to unlock the bootloader.
- Type "fastboot reboot" to reboot your smartphone.
- Follow the step no 4 to boot your smartphone into download mode to flash TWRP Recovery.
- Type "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-File.img" to flash TWRP Recovery on YU Yunique.Change TWRP-Recovery-File.img with TWRP Recovery file name.
- Finally Type "fastboot reboot recovery" to reboot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
Step to Root YU Yunique
- Move SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your YU Yunique.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery by pressing and holdingVolume down and Power button together.
- Tap on Install button in TWRP Recovery.
- Choose SuperSU.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is completed reboot your smartphone.