Here is a guide to setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows.So if you want to install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows computer then follow the below guide.Here we are going to share Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup with you that helps you in installing ADB and Fastboot.We are also sharing ADB and Fastboot drivers for Windows.
What is ADB and Fastboot
ADB (Android Debug Bridge) is used to send the variety of Andriod specific commands from your computer to your Android smartphone with the help of command prompt.ADB works when your Android smartphone is booted into the operating system.
Fastboot is a tool that allows you to modify your smartphone when it is in bootloader mode.Fastboot allows you to flash custom ROM and other tweak files on your smartphone.
What is ADB and Fastboot Driver
You require drivers in order to connect your smartphone to your computer.ADB and Fastboot drivers are drivers that help in connecting your smartphone to your computer which allows you to give commands using ADB and Fastboot.These ADB and Fastboot drivers come with the driver’s pack of your smartphone.But if you do not have drivers for your smartphone then you can use universal ADB and Fastboot drivers to connect your smartphone.
Note – You do not need to download and install the ADB and Fastboot Driver if you already installed the driver for your smartphone.Windows 10 also do not require ADB and Fastboot driver.So if you already installed the smartphone driver or a user of Windows 10 then install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot only in order to get working ADB and Fastboot.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup
- ADB and Fastboot Driver (Download only if you don’t have smartphone drivers)
How to Install and Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup into your computer.
- Double-click on the setup file.
- Follow the simple software installation instructions.
- Go into the folder where install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- On empty space Press Shift+Right-click.
- Select Open command window here to Open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
How to Install ADB and Fastboot Driver
- Download the ADB and Fastboot driver into your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot driver installer software.
- It will show your smartphone in a list.
- Click on Install button to install ADB and Fastboot driver for your smartphone.
After following this process ADB and Fastboot is installed on your computer.