In this post, we are going to show you how to root Honor 6 on Marshmallow.We are also going to flash TWRP recovery on Honor 6.Root Honor 6 on Marshmallow allows you to take full advantage of your smartphone.Rooting your Honor 6 helps you in save data and battery life by stopping background apps.TWRP Recovery for Honor 6 helps in flashing root files and taking a full backup of your smartphone.So if you want to flash TWRP recovery and Root Honor 6 on Marshmallow then stay on this page.
Honor 6 is launched June 2014 by well-known brand Huawei.Honor 6 has 5.0 inches 1080p display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.Under the hood, Honor 6 has octa-core Kirin 920 chipset with 3 GB ram.This smartphone has 3100 mAh non-removable battery without any fast charge support.Huawei released the Marshmallow update for Honor 6.
Here is a step by step tutorial to root Honor 6 on Marshmallow and flash TWRP recovery.You need to flash TWRP recovery on Honor 6 with the help of ADB and Fastboot.After flashing TWRP recovery you will be able to flash root files using TWRP recovery.So follow the below guide to root Honor 6 and flash TWRP recovery.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Honor 6
- Unlock the bootloader of your honor 6.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery-IMG and SuperSU.zip file into the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Press Shift + Right-click on empty space in that folder.
- Select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- Once the smartphone boot up into bootloader mode type “adb devices” to make sure that your smartphone is connected.
- Now, Type “fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-IMG” (Change TWRP-Recovery-IMG with TWRP recovery file name) to flash TWRP Recovery on Honor 6.
That’s it TWRP recovery has been flashed on your Honor 6 after following this process.
How to Root Honor 6 on Marshmallow
- Type “adb push SuperSU.zip /sdcard/” (Change SuperSU.zip with SuperSU file name) to move root file into sd card of your Honor 6.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery by typing “fastboot reboot recovery” command.
- In TWRP Recovery tap on Install button.
- Select the SuperSU.zip file from sd card.
- Swipe to flash the root file and root your honor 6.
- Once the flashing process completes reboot your smartphone.
You can install the Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm that your Honor 6 is rooted.