With the help of the following guide, you will learn how to root Honor 7.So if you want to root Honor 7 then read this full guide.You can easily root your Honor 7 and flash TWRP recovery on Honor 7.Root Honor 7 gives you many features that are not possible without root.TeamWin team released official TWRP recovery for Honor 7.TWRP recovery allows you to flash custom ROM and take a full backup of your Honor 7.
Honor 7 is upper mid-range smartphone from Huawei.Honor 7 gets its power from octa-core Kirin935 chipset which is made by Huawei.Honor 7 has a 20 MP camera at back and 8 MP camera at the front for photography.Honor 7 comes with Android Lollipop out of the box.Huawei updates Honor 7 to Android Marshmallow with the help of software updates.
During the process of root Honor 7, you need to flash TWRP recovery on honor 7 to get root access.TWRP recovery helps you in flashing the root files and get root access on Honor 7.So if you want to root your Honor 7 and flash TWRP recovery then follow the below guide.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Honor 7
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Honor 7.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup and HiSuite on your computer.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery-IMG-File and SuperSU.zip into the folder where you install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Press Shift+Right click and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot Command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-File-Name” (Change TWRP-Recovery-File-Name with TWRP recovery file name) to flash TWRP Recovery on Honor 7.
- Boot into TWRP recovery by giving the “fastboot reboot recovery” command.
Now, TWRP recovery has been flashed on your Honor 7.Follow the below guide to root your Honor 7.
How to Root Honor 7
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into sd card of your smartphone by giving the “adb push SuperSU.zip /sdcard/” (Change SuperSU.zip with SuperSU filename) command.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery (Use “fastboot reboot recovery” command).
- In TWRP recovery tap on Install button.
- Now, Select SuperSU.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the file and root Honor 7.
- Finally, Reboot your smartphone.
That’s it your Honor 7 is rooted and ready for tweaks.