In this post, we are going to show you how to flash TWRP recovery and root Honor 8 on Nougat.If you already updated your Honor 8 to Android Nougat and want to get root access on Nougat and flash TWRP recovery then you are on right page.Rooting Honor 8 on Nougat allows you to make some deep changes into the operating system of your smartphone.You can get rid of pre-installed apps after root your Honor 8 on Nougat.Rooting is also helpful in saving battery and getting more performance.
Honor 8 is flagship smartphone from Huawei which comes with octa-core Kirin 850 chipset and 4 GB ram.Honor 8 has 1080p 5.2 inches display and running on EMUI.Honor 8 comes with Android Marshmallow out of the box but Huawei recently released latest Android Nougat update for Honor 8.So if you haven’t updated your Honor 8 to Nougat then download the update now.Nougat comes with many new features and improvements over the previous version.
Official TWRP recovery is not released for honor 8 on Nougat yet.But you can flash unofficial TWRP on your Nougat running Honor 8.After flashing TWRP recovery we are going to flash the PHH superuser file using recovery to root Honor 8 on Nougat.So follow the below guide to root Honor 8 on Nougat and flash TWRP recovery.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP recovery on Honor 8 Nougat
- Make sure that bootloader of your Honor 8 is unlocked.
- Enable USB debugging on your smartphone by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB debugging.
- Install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your computer.
- Move the twrp-3.1.0-0.frd.img file into the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot.
- Open the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Press Shift + Right-click on empty space in ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command window type“adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.0-0.frd.img” to flash TWRP recvoery.
- Type “fastboot reboot recovery” to reboot into TWRP recovery.
That’s it TWRP recovery has been flashed on Honor 8.
How to Root Honor 8 on Nougat
- Move the superuser-r275.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Boot your Honor 8 into TWRP recovery.
- In TWRP recovery tap on Install button.
- Select the superuser-r275.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash the root file.
- Reboot your smartphone.
- Install the phh’s superuser app from Play Store to get root access.
Your Nougat running Honor 8 is rooted after following given process.You can install Root Checker app to confirm.