Lenovo launched ZUK Z1 successor ZUK Z2 in May 2016.TeamWin team released TWRP recovery for ZUK Z2.So we can flash TWRP Recovery on ZUK Z2.With the help of TWRP recovery we can also root ZUK Z2.Here we are going to show you how to install TWRP recovery on ZUK Z2.Then we are going to share a step by step guide which helps you in root ZUK Z2 using TWRP Recovery.If you want to flash custom ROM and tweak your smartphone then you need to root ZUK Z2 and flash TWRP on ZUK Z2.
ZUK Z2 comes with Snapdragon 820 chipset with 4 GB ram and Adreno 530 graphics chipset.ZUK Z2 has 5.0 inches 1080p IPS display.You get 13 MP rear camera and 8 MP selfie shooter with ZUK Z2.Out of the box, ZUK Z2 is running on Android Marshmallow.But Lenovo updates ZUK Z2 to latest Android Nougat.Lenovo ZUK Z2 also spot a fingerprint sensor in home button to enhance the security.Zuk Z2 also comes with USB Type-C port which supports Quick Charge 3.0 which charges 83% of battery in just 30 minutes.
Rooting ZUK Z2 has many advantages.There are many apps for Android that require root access to do certain tasks.Root ZUK Z2 also helps you in getting more battery life and improve the performance of your smartphone.TWRP Recovery has is also very useful.TWRP Recovery also you to make a full backup of your smartphone before applying any tweak.TWPR is also used to flash tweak files.
We are going to flash TWRP Recovery on ZUK Z2 with the help of ADB and Fastboot.After flashing TWRP recovery we can root ZUK Z2 by flashing root files using TWRP recovery.So follow the below guide if you want to flash TWRP on ZUK Z2 and get root access.Below is a step by step guide to flash TWRP recovery and root ZUK Z2.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on ZUK Z2
- Install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your computer.
- Enable Developer options on your smartphone by going to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Move the TWRP Recovery IMG file into ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Press Shift+Right click on blank space in ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command window.
- In command window type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- Once the smartphone boot up into bootloader mode type “fastboot devices” to make sure that your ZUK Z2 is connected.
- Now, Type “fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-File-Name.img” to flash TWRP recovery on ZUK Z2.Change TWRP-Recovery-File-name.img with the name of TWRP recovery file that you downloaded.
- Boot into TWRP recovery by typing “adb reboot recovery” in the command window.
That’s it TWRP recovery has been flashed on your ZUK Z2.Now, follow the below guide to root ZUK Z2.
How to Root ZUK Z2
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
- In TWRP recovery tap on Install button.
- Now, Select the SuperSu.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process completes go back to the main menu of TWRP and reboot your smartphone.
Your Lenovo ZUK Z2 is rooted after following this process.You can install Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm root.