Google and Lg launched Nexus 5 in 2013 which recently updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.Marshmallow update brings many new features and improvements over Lollipop.Nexus 5 is a flagship device but costs much less than other flagship smartphones.Nexus 5 comes with quad-core Snapdragon 800 chipset and 2 GB of RAM.Nexus 5 has 8MP camera at back with optical image stabilization and 1.3MP camera at the front for video calling.It has 4.95 inches display with 1080p resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.There is not any card slot in Nexus 5 so you need to depend on upon internal storage.
You can root your old Nexus 5 and give it a new fresh look by adding some new features into it.There are many things in Android world that require root access.You need to flash some files on your Nexus 5 in order to get root access.Once your Nexus 5 gets rooted then you can enjoy all the features and tweaks that require root access.Thaks to Chainfire rooting Nexus 5 is not a big issue or any complicated process.
If you are using Nexus 5 and wanted to get root access then you are at right place.We are here to make the rooting process easy.Here you got a step by step guide to root your Nexus 5 device.Rooting nexus 5 allows you to flash custom ROM and kernel.Rooting is a process which gives you more control over your android smartphone.So follow the below guide to root Nexus 5.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Root Nexus 5 using Fastboot
- Backup all your data because this process unlocks the bootloader of your Nexus 5 if you already have not unlocked which will wipe all of the data from your phone.
- Unzip both the files you download into your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your smartphone by going to Settings>>Developer options>>Enable USB debugging.if your device has Developer options missing in settings then enable developer mode by going to Settings>>About phone and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Switch off your smartphone and boot into fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume up, volume down and power button together.
- Connect your Nexus 5 to the computer using USB data cable.
- If you have not installed USB driver into your computer then open the Device Manager by searching for “Device Manager” from the start screen.
- You will see Nexus 5 on the other devices options list in Device Manager.Right click on Nexus 5 and select Update Driver Software.
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software.In next window click on “Browse…” button and select the folder where you unzip the Google USB Driver.Make sure to tick the Include subfolders option.Now hit the next button and USB driver for your Nexus 5 will be installed.
- Now, open the folder where you unzip the CF-Auto-Root-hammerhead-hammerhead-nexus5.zip.
- Press Shift key + Right click on any empty space inside the folder and select Open command window here.
- Type “root-windows” in command prompt and follow the given instructions.Sometimes you also need to do some steps on your device with the help of volume buttons and home button.
Your Nexus 5 will reboot sometimes during the process.After the process is finished your Nexus 5 is rooted and you get SuperSU app into your device.