Lenovo launched Zuk Z1 in August 2015 under a sub-brand ZUK.Zuk Z1 is a mid-range Android smartphone with high-end specifications.Zuk Z1 is powered by Snapdragon 801 chipset which is a flagship chipset from Snapdragon and 3 GB ram.Zuk Z1 is a flagship device according to its specification but at a much low price than a flagship.Zuk Z1 has 13 MP main camera with optical image stabilization and 8 MP camera at the front which is great according to the price of this smartphone.Zuk Z1 runs on CyanogenMod on top of Android out of the box.Zuk Z1 has large 4100 mAh battery and 64 Gb inbuilt storage without any expandable option.Zuk Z1 also has future ready USB Type-C port instead of Micro USB port.
Rooting your Zuk Z1 allows you to overcome the restricts that Lenovo and Android put on your smartphone.Zuk Z1 has not any option for expandable storage so rooting allows you to uninstall pre-installed apps to free some storage.You can also save data by blocking some apps from using data after rooting your Zuk Z1.Flashing custom recovery on your Zuk Z1 has many advantages over stock recovery.Custom recovery helps in fully backup your Zuk Z1 before making any changes.Custom recovery is also used to flash rooting files on Zuk Z1.
Here we are going to show you how to flash TWRP recovery and root Zuk Z1.TWRP is a custom recovery created by TeamWin developer team.You need to flash TWRP recovery on Zuk Z1 before getting root access.Because we ar going to flash root files on your Zuk Z1 with the help of TWRP recovery.So follow the below guide if you want to flash TWRP recovery and root your Zuk Z1.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Guide to flash TWRP Recovery for Zuk Z1
- Install the USB driver and Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Go to About settings and tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer Options.
- Open Developer options and tick USB Debugging option.
- Move the TWRP Recovery file into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- Press Shift + Right-click and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your Zuk Z1 into bootloader.
- Type “fastboot devices” to make sure that your Zuk Z1 is connected.
- Type “fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem unlock-go” to unlock the bootloader of your Zuk Z1.If you already unlocked the bootloader then skip this step.
- Now type “fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-File-Name.img” to flash TWRP recovery.Change TWRP-Recovery-File-Name with the name of TWRP Recovery file.
- Boot your Zuk Z1 into TWRP Recovery by typing “adb reboot recovery” into the command prompt.
- In TWRP Recovery you can normally boot your smartphone.
TWRP Recovery has been flashed on your Zuk Z1.Now it’s time to root your Zuk Z1.
Guide to Root Zuk Z1
- Move the SuperSu.zip file into internal storage of your Zuk Z1.
- Power off and boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
- In TWRP recovery tap on Install button.
- Select SuperSu.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the rooting process.
- Reboot your Zuk Z1 normally.
Your Zuk Z1 is rooted after following this process.You can install Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm.