OnePlus launched OnePlus 2 back in August 2015.OnePlus 2 is a high-end smartphone at a low price as compared with its competitive.OnePlus offers Snapdragon 810 chipset with 3 or 4 GB ram under the hood of OnePlus 2.OnePlus 2 has 5.5 inches 1080p IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.There is a 13 MP camera at back and 5 MP camera at front of OnePlus 2.OnePlus 2 runs on OnePlus’s own Oxygen OS on top of Android platform.Oxygen OS looks much like stock android but it offers many useful features and customization over stock android.As far for specs OnePlus 2 is a flagship killer but it has a price tag of the mid-range smartphone.
Oxygen OS gives you much control over but there are some things that you cannot do without rooting your OnePlus2.Rooting allows you to do certain tasks on your OnePlus 2 that are not possible without getting root access.Custom recovery also has many uses.Custom recovery allows you to take the full backup of your smartphone.Flashing custom recovery on your OnePlus 2 is your first step towards tweaking your smartphone.
Here we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery and root OnePlus 2.You need flash SuperSU files using a custom recovery in order to root OnePlus 2.You need to flash TWRP Recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then you can root your OnePlus 2 using TWRP Recovery.TWRP Recovery is best custom recovery for Android.So follow the below guide to install TWRP and root OnePlus 2.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 2
- Install the USB driver and Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your computer.
- Enable Developer options on your smartphone by going to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking by going to Settings>>Developer options and ticking USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Enable Advanced Reboot by going to Developer options and tick Advanced Reboot option.
- Power off your OnePlus 2 and boot into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Power and Volume up button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the folder where you install Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery file into that folder.
- Press Shift+Right click on empty space in that folder.
- Select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot devices” to check whether your smartphone is connected properly.
- Type “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 2 if you haven’t unlocked bootloader yet.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-File-Name.img” to flash TWRP Recovery.You need to change TWRP-Recovery-File-Name.img with the name of TWRP Recovery file.
- Now disconnect from computer and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Select reboot from TWRP Recovery to boot your smartphone normally.
Once the TWRP Recovery is flashed on your OnePlus 2 you can flash SuperSU file to get root access.
Root OnePlus 2 with TWRP Recovery
- Move the SupeSU.zip file into internal storage of your OnePlus 2.
- Boot your OnePlus 2 into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together while the device is switched off.
- In TWRP tap on Install button.
- Select SuperSU.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is completed reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your OnePlus 2 is rooted and ready for tweaks.