Asus Zenfone 5 launched in July 2014 as a low mid-range Android smartphone.With Zenfone 5 Asus is ready to compete in the mid-range smartphone market.Asus Zenfone 5 has 720p 5.0 inches display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection which is great according to the price of this smartphone.Zenfone 5 comes with Android KitKat out of the box.But Asus rolls out Android Lollipop update for Zenfone 5.Zenfone 5 has 8MP camera at back with LED flash and 2 MP camera at front.Zenfone 5 also has a microSD slot and non-removable 2110 mAh battery.
>Rooting your Zenfone 5 gives you more control over your smartphone.You can uninstall pre-installed apps from your Zenfone 5 after rooting to free up some space for more performance and useful apps.Rooting is also needed if you want to flash custom ROM on your Zenfone 5.You can also overclock your smartphone to get most out of it or underclock to get more battery life after rooting.
If you looking for a way to root your Zenfone 5 then you are on right page.Here we are going to share the method to root Zenfone 5 with you.You need to flash root files with the help of a computer in order to root your Zenfone 5.So follow the below guide to root Zenfone 5.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Step to Root Zenfone 5
- Install Intel USB Driver for Android on your computer.
- Go to About in Settings of your Zenfone 5 and tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging option to enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your Zenfone 5 to your computer using a data cable.
- Unzip the ZenFoneRootKit_20150528.zip file into your computer.
- Open the folder where you unzip the ZenFoneRootKit_20150528.zip file.
- Double click on Root.bat file and a command prompt will be opened.
- When asked “Press any key to continue” press any key.
- Your Zenfone 5 will reboot during this process.
- When finished check for SuperSU app in app drawer to confirm root.
Your Zenfone 5 is rooted and ready to take advantage of rooting.You can install Root Checker app to confirm the root.