Google launched their first set of smartphones which is made by Google.Google Pixel and Pixel XL is the first smartphone by Google.Pixel has small 5.0 inches while the Pixel XL has large 5.5 inches display.Both has AMOLED displays but there is the difference in resolution,Pixel has 1080p while Pixel XL has 1440p resolution.All other specs are same for both Pixel and Pixel XL.Both have Snapdragon 821 chipset with 4 GB ram.Both smartphones are running on latest Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box.
As promised root is achieved on Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones.Chainfire developer released root method for both Pixel and Pixel XL.So if you to get root access on your Pixel smartphones then that is a great news for you.Rooting your smartphone allows you to get more access on your smartphone.You can tweak your smartphone after getting root access.There are many apps that require root access to do certain tasks.
Here we are going to show you how you can root your Pixel or Pixel XL smartphone with the help of Chainfire’s given method.You need to setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.The bootloader of your Pixel or Pixel XL smartphone also needs to be unlocked before beginning the root process.Follow the below guide to root Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphone.This method does not work with TWRP recovery so if you want both TWRP recovery and Root on your Pixel or Pixel XL then follow this guide for Pixel and this guide for Pixel XL.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup
- root-sailfish-pixel.zip (For Google Pixel)
- root-marlin-pixelxl.zip (For Google Pixel XL)
Step to Root Google Pixel and Pixel XL
- Unlock the bootloader of your Pixel smartphone.
- Install the driver and Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your computer.
- Unzip the root files into the folder where you install the ADB and Fastboot Setup.
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options.
- Boot your smartphone into fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together when the device is turned off.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Press Shift and Right click in the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command window.
- In command window type “fastboot boot boot-to-root.img” to root your smartphone.