Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is a mid-range smartphone launched in October 2014.Grand Prime is a large 5 inches smartphone offered at low price.With Grand Prime Samsung tries to compete with the large smartphone at the low price.Grand Prime has 8 MP main camera and 5 MP camera at the front for selfies.Heart of Grand Prime is quad-core 64 bit Snapdragon 410 chipset with 1 GB ram which is enough for daily use and little bit multitasking.Samsung packs a large 2600 mAh battery in Grand Prime for all day battery life.There is also microSD support in Grand Prime with 8 GB built-in memory.
Rooting your Grand Prime allows you to get most out of your mid-range smartphone.you can flash custom ROM on your Gand Prime after rooting to update your smartphone to latest Android.Root is also required to uninstall pre-installed apps to free up some space from your Grand Prime.You can also overclock or underclock your rooted Grand Prime.There are also many apps that require root access to do certain tasks on your Grand Prime.
So rooting your Grand Prime is good for you if you want to customize your smartphone.You need to flash some files with the help of Odin in order to get root access on Grand Prime.Follow the below guide if you wants to root your Grand Prime.Here we are going to show you how to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.This rooting guide is only for G5306W, G5308W, G53009W, G530BT, G530F, G530FZ, G530H, G530M, G530P, G530R4, G530T, G530W and G530Y models of Galaxy Grand Prime.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Samsung USB Driver
- Odin3 v3.12.3.zip
- Check the model of your Grand Prime by going into About settings and download the root file according to the model:
- CF-Auto-Root-fortunalte-fortunaltezn-smg5306w.zip (For SM-G5306W)
- CF-Auto-Root-fortunaltezh-fortunaltezh-smg5308w.zip (For SM-G5308W)
- CF-Auto-Root-fortunaltectc-fortunaltectc-smg5309w.zip (For SM-G5309W)
- CF-Auto-Root-fortuna3gdtv-fortuna3gdtvvj-smg530bt.zip (For SM-G530BT)
- CF-Auto-Root-fortunalte-fortunaltedx-smg530f.zip (For SM-G530F)
- CF-Auto-Root-grandprimelte-grandprimeltexx-smg530fz.zip (For SM-G530FZ)
- CF-Auto-Root-fortunave3g-fortunave3gxx-smg530h.zip (For SM-G530H)
- CF-Auto-Root-fortunalte-fortunalteub-smg530m.zip (For SM-G530M)
- CF-Auto-Root-gprimeltespr-gprimeltespr-smg530p.zip (For SM-G530P)
- CF-Auto-Root-gprimelteusc-gprimelteusc-smg530r4.zip (For SM-G530R4)
- CF-Auto-Root-gprimeltetmo-gprimeltetmo-smg530t.zip (For SM-G530T)
- CF-Auto-Root-gprimeltecan-gprimeltevl-smg530w.zip (For SM-G530W)
- CF-Auto-Root-fortunaltezt-fortunaltezt-smg530y.zip (For SM-G530Y)
Step to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
- Unrar the Samsung USB Driver into your computer and install USB driver for your Grand Prime.
- Unzip the Odin3 file into your computer.
- Enable Developer options on your smartphone by going to Settings>>About and tap on build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Home and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Press Volume up button to confirm Odin mode.
- Unzip the CF-Auto-Root-xxxxx.zip file and get the root file.
- Go to the folder where you unzip the Odin3 file.
- Open Odin3.exe software.
- It will show “Added” message if your smartphone is connected properly.
- Make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” is ticked in the options menu of Odin.
- Click on AP button in Odin and select the unzipped root file.
- Click on Start button to start the rooting process.
- Once the rooting process completes Odin will show Pass message and your Grand Prime will reboot.
You’re done.Your Samsung Grand Prime is rooted after finishing this process and you are ready to take advantage of rooting your Android device.