Xiaomi Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime are entry level smartphone.Both smartphones come with 720p IPS 4.7 inches display.Both Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime has 8 MP camera at back and 2 MP camera at front.Xiaomi packs 2200 mAh battery in both Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime.Both smartphones run on Xiaomi’s own MIUI which runs on top of Android operating system.MIUI is highly customized ROM only for Xiaomi smartphones.
Rooting your Redmi 2/Prime allows you to get rid of limitations that MIUI and Android put on your smartphones.Rooting helps you in uninstalling the pre-installed apps to free up some internal storage for other useful apps.You can also save internet data by stopping apps from using data on your rooted Xiaomi 2/Prime.
You can easily root your Xiaomi Redmi 2 or Redmi 2 Prime without using any computer.You need to flash root files on your Redmi 2/Prime in order to get root access.These root files can be flashed with the help of MIUI updates.So if you want to root your Redmi 2/Prime then follow the below guide.This guide helps you step by step in rooting Redmi 2 or Redmi 2 Prime.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Step to Root Xiaomi Redmi 2/Prime
- Download the root file and moves it into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Open Updater app on your Redmi 2/Prime.
- Tap on dots that are given on top right corner of Updater app.
- Now, tap on Choose update package.
- Select the root files that are stored in your Redmi 2/Prime.
- Your smartphone will reboot automatically.
- This will install SuperSU app on your Redmi 2/Prime.
That’s it Your Redmi 2/Prime is rooted after following this tutorial.You can install Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm.