Micromax launched their sub-brand YU in India to bring high-end smartphone at a low price.YU Yureka is the first smartphone which launched under YU brand.YU Yureka is a mid-range Android smartphone to compete with other the brand.YU Yureka comes with 720p 5.5 inches display and Snapdragon 615 chipset with 2 GB ram.YU Yureka runs on Cyanogen OS out of the box.Cyanogen OS is popular custom ROM for Android smartphone.Cyanogen OS makes it easy to customize your smartphone.YU updates YU Yureka with their own YU Open OS which is Marshmallow based.YU Yureka has 13 MP camera at back and 5 MP camera at the front which is enough according to the price of this smartphone.
Flashing custom recovery on your YU Yureka has many advantages.TeamWin released TWRP custom recovery for YU Yureka.TWRP recovery allows you to take the full backup of your smartphone.TWRP recovery is also needed to root your YU Yureka.Rooting your YU Yureka opens a new world of customization and tweaks for your smartphone.You can flash custom ROM on YU Yureka and update it to the latest Android version after rooting your YU Yureka.Root also helps you in getting rid of pre-installed apps.There are many apps for Android that require root access.
If you pick up the YU Yureka phone as your daily drive and want to root YU Yureka than you are on right page.Here we are going to show you step by step how to flash TWRP Recovery and root Yu Yureka.Firstly, we are going to flash TWRP Recovery on your Yu Yureka with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then we can flash root files using TWRP recovery in order to get root access on YU Yureka.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP Recovery and Root YU Yureka.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Step to Unlock Bootloader and Install TWRP Recovery for YU Yureka
- Install the USB driver and Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Go into About setting on your smartphone and enable Developer options by tapping on Build number 7 times.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- Power off your smartphone and hold the Volume up key and connect it to your computer using a data cable to boot into download mode.
- Open the folder where you install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery-IMG file into that folder.
- Press shift + Right-click and select Open command window here in ADB and Fastboot folder to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot -i 0x1ebf devices” to make sure that your YU Yureka is connected.
- Type “fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone.
- Type “fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot” to reboot your smartphone.
- Again reboot your smartphone into download mode by following Step 4.
- After unlocking the bootloader type “fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-File-Name.img” to flash TWRP recovery.Change TWRP-Recovery-File-Name.img with the name of TWRP Recovery file.
- Type “fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot recovery” to reboot your YU Yureka into TWRP Recovery.
TWRP Recovery has been flashed on your YU Yureka.Now it’s time to root your YU Yureka.
Step to Root YU Yureka
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Volume up, Volume down and Power button together.
- In TWRP Recovery tap on Install button.
- Select the SuperSU.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your YU Yureka is rooted.You can install Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm the root access.