Huawei announced their flagship Mate 9 with great specification.Mate 9 is a big high-end phablet with 5.9 inches 1080p display and aluminum body that give it a premium feel and look.Huawei Mate 9 spots new in-house made octa-core Kirin 960 chipset with latest Cortex-A73 cores and Mali-G71 GPU.For smooth experience and multitasking Mate 9 has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage with microSD support for storing a large amount of data and media.Mate 9 also have a dual camera 12 MP color and a 20 MP monochrome at back and 8 MP camera at front.Huawei Mate runs on EMUI 5.0 on top of latest Android Nougat.Huawei Mate 9 has a fingerprint reader at back for security and 4000 mAh battery.
You can flash a custom recovery and root your Huawei Mate 9.Rooting Mate 9 allows you to take full advantage of your smartphone.Ther are many apps that require root access to do certain task.root also helps in uninstalling pre-installed apps and overclock or underclock processor.Custom recovery makes it easy to flash tweak files on your Mate 9.Custom recovery also helps in flashing custom ROM on Mate 9.You can also fully backup your Mate 9 with the help of custom recovery.
We are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 9.Then you can flash root files using TWRP recovery to root Huawei Mate 9.You need to install TWRP Recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then we flash Phh’s superuser file using TWRP Recovery to get root access on Huawei Mate 9.So follow the below guide to install TWRP Recovery and root Huawei Mate 9.You need to unlock the bootloader of your Mate 9 before starting the process.This guide is for MHA-L29, MHA-L09, MHA-AL00 and MHA-TL01 models of Huawei mate 9.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 9
- Install USB driver and Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your computer to make your computer ready for ADB and Fastboot.
- Enable USB Debugging and Unlock OEM on your Mate 9 by going to Settings>>Developer options and ticking USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Move the twrp-3.0.2-0-hi3660.img file into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot folder and double click on the MAF32 to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot reboot bootloader” to boot your Mate 9 into bootloader mode.
- Once your smartphone boot up into bootloader mode type “fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-hi3660.img” to flash TWRP Recovery.
- Type “fastboot reboot recovery” to boot into TWRP recovery.
- From TWRP Recovery reboot your smartphone normally.
Once the TWRP recovery is flashed on your Mate 9 you are ready to flash root files.Follow the below guide to root Huawei Mate 9.
How to Root Huawei Mate 9
- Move the superuser.zip file into SD card of your Mate 9.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing and holding Volume up, Volume down and Power button together when the device is turned off.
- In TWRP Recovery tap on Install button.
- Select the superuser.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Reboot your Mate 9 normally.
- Install the phh’s superuser app from Play Store.
Your Mate 9 is rooted after following this process.