Here we are going to show you how to root Galaxy S6 on Nougat.You can easily root your Galaxy S6 on Nougat with the help of the following guide.Rooting your Galaxy S6 on Nougat gives you more control over your smartphone.Root allows you to overcome the restricts that Samsung put on your Galaxy S6.With the help of root, your can flash custom ROM and kernel on your Galaxy S6.Root also helps you in getting rid of pre-installed apps to free up some space and increase the performance of your Galaxy S6.
Samsung launched Galaxy S6 back in 2015 as a flagship smartphone.Galaxy S6 comes with high-end specs like 1440p Super AMOLED display, octa-core chipset and 3 GB of RAM.Galaxy S6 runs on the Android operating system and Samsung released Nougat update for it.Nougat brings many new features and improvements over the previous version of Android.
If you already update your Galaxy S6 to Nougat and want to root Galaxy S6 on Nougat then you are on right page.Chainfire released the CF-Auto-Root method to root Galaxy S6 on Nougat.In this tutorial, we are going to flash these CF-Auto-Root files with the help of Odin.These files allow us to get the root access on Nougat powered Galaxy S6.So follow the below guide to easily root Galaxy S6 on Nougat.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Samsung USB Driver
- Latest Odin Tool
- Check the model number of your Galaxy S6 and download the root file according to it:
- CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltexx-smg920f.zip (For SM-G920F)
- CF-Auto-Root-zerofltektt-zerofltektt-smg920k.zip (For SM-G920K)
- CF-Auto-Root-zerofltelgt-zerofltelgt-smg920l.zip (For SM-G920L)
- CF-Auto-Root-zerofltespr-zerofltespr-smg920p.zip (For SM-G920P)
- CF-Auto-Root-zeroflteskt-zeroflteskt-smg920s.zip (For SM-G920S)
- CF-Auto-Root-zerofltevzw-zerofltevzw-smg920v.zip (For SM-G920V)
How to Root Galaxy S6 on Nougat
- Install the Samsung USB Driver and Odin on your computer.
- Enable the Developer options by going to Settings>>about and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Turn off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Home and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer and press volume up to confirm download mode.
- Open Odin on your computer.It will show “Added” message once your smartphone is connected properly.
- Make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” is selected in the options menu.
- Unzip the CF-Auto-Root file into your computer to get .tar.md5 file.
- Click on AP button in Odin and select the .tar.md5 root file.
- Click on Start button to begin the rooting process for your Nougat powered Galaxy S6.
Your galaxy S6 will reboot normally once the process completes.You can install Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm root.