OnePlus launched their first smartphone OnePlus One in June 2014.OnePlus One is a smartphone with high-end specs at a low price.It comes with Snapdragon 801 chipset and 3 GB ram which is the best offer according to the price of this smartphone.OnePlus One has 5.5 inches 1080p display for great viewing experience.OnePlus One comes with 16 Gb or 64 Gb internal storage without the expandable option.OnePlus One has 13 MP camera at back with UHD video recording option and 5 MP selfie shooter.OnePlus One comes runs on CyanogenMod 13 out of the box.But OnePlus updates OnePlus One to Android Marshmallow with their own Oxygen OS.
In this post, we are going to show you how to root OnePlus One.You need to flash a custom recovery on your OnePlus One.Which helps you in flashing root files on your OnePlus One.So a custom recovery is required to root OnePlus One.We are also going to share TWRP Recovery for OnePlus One in this post.TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery made by TeamWin developer team.TWRP recovery helps in flashing SuperSU root file on OnePlus One.
TWRP Recovery allows you to take the full backup of your smartphone.It is also used to flash other tweak files.TWRP recovery is also used to flash custom ROM on your OnePlus One.Rooting your OnePlus One helps you in getting more control over your smartphone.There are many apps and tweaks for Android that require root access.After getting root access you can also uninstall pre-installed apps to free up some space and clean your OnePlus One.So follow the below guide if you want to root OnePlus One and flash TWRP Recovery.First, we are going to flash TWRP Recovery using ADB and Fastboot.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One
- You need to install USB driver and Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your computer.
- Open About Settings on your smartphone and tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Now, Open Developer options from Settings and tick USB Debugging.
- Switch off your smartphone and boot into fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect your OnePlus One to your computer using a data cable.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery-IMG file into Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot folder and press Shift+Right-click on empty space in that folder.
- Select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot devices” to make sure that your smartphone is connected.
- You can unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus One by typing “fastboot oem unlock” if you haven’t unlocked.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-File-Name.img” to flash TWRP Recovery.Change TWRP-Recovery-File-Name with the file name of TWRP Recovery.
- Unplug the data cable and press Volume up and Power button together to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Reboot your smartphone normally from TWRP Recovery.
TWRP Recovery is flashed on your OnePlus One after finishing this process.
How to Root OnePlus One
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your OnePlus One.
- Switch off your smartphone and boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
- In TWRP Recovery tap on Install button.
- Select SuperSU.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the root process.
- Once the rooting process is completed reboot your OnePlus One normally.
That’s it you can install Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm that your OnePlus One is rooted.