Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is the first smartphone with a dual curved display.It has 5.1 inches 1440p Super AMOLED display which is curved from both sides.Other features include Exynos 7420 chipset with 3 GB ram,16 MP main camera and a fingerprint sensor in home button are same as compared to Galaxy S6.But it looks completely different from Galaxy s6 due to the curved display.
Samsung update Galaxy S6 Edge to android 6.0.1 marshmallow which is the latest version of android.Marshmallow brings many new features and improvements.If you updated your Galaxy S6 Edge to marshmallow and want to get root access on your smartphone then your are at right place because here you get the step-by-step guide to root your Galaxy S6 Edge based on android 6.0.1 marshmallow.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Samsung USB Driver
- Odin3 v3.10.6.zip
- Check the model number of your device by going to Settings>>About>>Model and download file according to model:
- CF-Auto-Root-zerolte-zeroltexx-smg925f.zip (For SM-G925F)
- CF-Auto-Root-zeroltektt-zeroltektt-smg925k.zip (For SM-G925K)
- CF-Auto-Root-zeroltelgt-zeroltelgt-smg925l.zip (For SM-G925L)
- CF-Auto-Root-zerolteskt-zerolteskt-smg925s.zip (For SM-G925S)
- CF-Auto-Root-sc04g-sc04g-sc04g.zip (For SC-04G)
- CF-Auto-Root-zeroltechn-zeroltezt-smg9250.zip (For SM-G9250)
- CF-Auto-Root-zerolte-zeroltedv-smg925i.zip (For SM-G925I)
- CF-Auto-Root-zeroltespr-zeroltespr-smg925p.zip (For SM-G925P)
- CF-Auto-Root-zerolteusc-zerolteusc-smg925r4.zip (For SM-G925R4)
- CF-Auto-Root-zeroltetmo-zeroltetmo-smg925t.zip (For SM-G925T)
- CF-Auto-Root-zeroltebmc-zeroltebmc-smg925w8.zip (For SM-G925W8)
How to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Connect your smartphone to the computer using USB data cable.
- Unzip and install Samsung USB Driver into your computer if you already have not installed.
- Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Disconnect your Galaxy S6 Edge from your computer.
- Switch off your smartphone and boot into Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Power and home button together.
- Connect device again with computer and press Volume up button to confirm Odin mode.
- Unzip Odin3 v3.10.6.zip file and open Odin into your computer.
- Unzip the file you downloaded from 3rd step of downloads file into your computer.
- Click on AP in Odin and select the file with .tar.md5 extension that you get from 8th step.
- Before starting the root process make sure that only “F.Reset Time” and “Auto Reboot” is selected in options list of Odin.
- Click on Start button to begin the rooting process of your Galaxy S6 Edge.