YU which is sub-brand of Micromax launched YU Yuphoria in May 2015.YU Yuphoria is a mid-range smartphone with a decent specification.Under the hood, Yuphoria has quad-core Snapdragon 410 chipset with 2 GB ram.For great viewing experience, Yuphoria has 5 inches 720p IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.This mid-range smartphone has 8 MP main camera and 5 MP front camera for photography.Other features include 16 GB internal storage with microSD slot and dual-sim support.Yuphoria also has fast charging support which charges 50% battery in 45 minutes.
Yuphoria runs on Android OS out of the box.You can easily get root access on Yuphoria with the help of custom recovery.Custom recovery also helps you in flashing custom ROM.Custom recovery is also useful if you want to take a full backup of your smartphone.Root gives you full control over your Yuphoria.Rooting your Yuphoria helps you in save data and battery life.There are many apps in Play Store that require root access to do certain tasks.
Rooting Yuphoria is an easy process.You need to flash rooting files on your Yuphoria with the help of custom recovery like TWRP recovery.Here we are also going to show you how to flash TWRP recovery on Yuphoria.You need to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone before flashing TWRP Recovery and getting root access.So if you want to root your Yu Yuphoria and flash TWRP recovery then follow the below guide.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to unlock Bootloader of YU Yuphoria
- Install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your computer.
- Enable Developer options on your smartphone by going to Settings>>About and tap on build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options>>USB Debugging.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer with the help of a data cable.
- Open the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot Setup.
- Press Swift + Right-click on empty space in that folder and click on Open command window here.
- In command window type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your Yuphoria into bootloader.
- When your smartphone boot into bootloader mode type “fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader.
- Type “fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot” to boot your smartphone normally.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on YU Yuphoria
- Move the TWRP Recovery file into the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure that USB Debugging is activated in Developer options of your smartphone.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Open the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot.
- Press Swift+ Right click and select open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command window.
- In command window type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- Type “fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-file-name” to flash TWRP Recovery.Change TWRP-Recovery-file-name with the name of TWRP Recovery file.
- Type “fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Reboot your smartphone from TWRP Recovery.
How to Root YU Yuphoria
- Move SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into TWRP Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together and selecting Recovery from shown menu.
- In TWRP Recovery tap on Install button.
- Select SuperSU.zip file from the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Once the file is flashed reboot your smartphone normally.