This guide will teach you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S8 with Snapdragon chipset.TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery for Android smartphone.TWRP Recovery comes in handy to gain systemless root on Galaxy S8.TWRP Recovery helps you in taking a full backup of your smartphone which comes in handy when you break your smartphone while flashing any patch.TWRP also allows you to flash Custom ROM and other tweak files on your Galaxy S8.
Samsung released Galaxy S8 with Snapdragon 835 chipset and 4 GB ram.On the front, it has an infinity display with odd 18.5:9 aspect ratio.Samsung moves the fingerprint sensor on the back of Galaxy S8.While the add a new iris scanner to make the device more easy to unlock and secure.This smartphone runs on Android with Samsung UX on top.
TWRP Recovery is officially released for Galaxy S8 Snapdragon version by TeamWin.This guide will use Odin tool to flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S8 Snapdragon.This guide is for unrooted Galaxy S8.If your Galaxy S8 is already rooted then you can flash TWRP Recovery with Official TWRP App.But if you want to flash TWRP Recovery on Snapdragon Galaxy S8 with Odin then follow the given guide.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S8 Snapdragon
- Some Snapdragon powered Galaxy S8 will come with a locked bootloader.So make sure that bootloader of your Galaxy S8 is unlocked.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tap on USB Debugging.
- Install USB Drivers and Odin tool.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Switch off and boot your smartphone into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Bixby and Power button together.
- Press Volume up to confirm download mode.
- Open Odin on your computer.
- Click on AP button and select TWRP-Recovery.img.tar file.
- Keep pressing Volume up, Bixby and Power button and click on Start button.
- If you keep pressing the keys then your Galaxy S8 will boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery Swipe to confirm modifications.
- Go to Wipe and format data.
- Now go to Reboot and reboot into recovery.
- Once your device will reboot into the recovery move the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip into your smartphone using MTP.
- Go to Install and select no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip to disable encryption.
- Swipe to flash the file and reboot your smartphone.
After following this process your Snapdragon Galaxy S8 have TWRP Recovery flashed.