In this guide, we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play.So if you want to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play then you are on right page.TWRP Recovery for Moto Z2 Play is a custom recovery for your smartphone.Which allows you to make modifications easily by flashing tweak files.Moreover, you can flash Custom ROM and gain root access with the help of TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play.
Motorola launched Moto Z2 Play as a mid range smartphone of 2017.This smartphone has 5.5 inches Super AMOLED 1080p display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection.Under the hood, Moto Z2 Play has mid range Snapdragon 626 chipset which gives it the power to handle tasks easily.Moto Z2 Play comes with Type-C port at the bottom which also support USB OTG.
This guide flash TWRP Recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot.So you also need a computer to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play.You can also give a try to Magisk for rooting Moto Z2 Play.So if you are ready then follow the guide to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play.Below is a step by step tutorial to install TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Guide to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play
- Firstly, Unlock the bootloader of your Moto Z2 Play.
- Then Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Install USB Drivers and ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Now, Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Power off your smartphone and go into Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Open the folder where you install the ADB and Fastboot.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img(.img is the extension of that file).
- Press Shift+Right-click on empty space in ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command window.
- Finally, Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play.
- If you want TWRP Recovery temporarily then use “fastboot boot recovery recovery.img” command instead.
- In TWRP Recovery if you choose Swipe to allow modifications then you need to disable encryption.
This process will flash TWRP Recovery on your Moto Z2 Play and you are ready to tweak your smartphone.