Here we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Honor View 10.TWRP Recovery helps you in flash tweak files on your Honor V10.TWRP Recovery is also useful in taking a full backup of your smartphone.TWRP Recovery is also required if you want to gain systemless root on your Honor V10.Official TWRP Recovery is available for Honor View 10.You can flash custom ROM after installing TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor View 10.
Huawei launched Honor View 10 in December 2017.This smartphone has 18:9 aspect ratio display with FHD+ resolution.Honor View 10 runs on Android Oreo out of the box with EMUI 8.0 on top.Under the hood, Huawei Honor V10 has their in-house made Kirin 970 octa-core chipset with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU.
This guide will flash TWRP Recovery on Honor View 10 with the help of ADB and Fastboot.So you also require a computer to flash TWRP Recovery on your smartphone.This smartphone supports Project Treble which means that the TWRP Recovery flashing command for Honor View 10 is slightly different.But you do not need to worry just follow the below guide and install TWRP Recovery on your Honor View 10.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Honor View 10
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Honor View 10.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock by going to Developer options in Setting and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Move TWRP-Recovery.img file into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot and rename it as recovery.img (keep in mind that .img is the extension of recovery file).
- Power off your smartphone and boot into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect your Honor V10 to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot folder and double-click on “cmd-here” to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “fastboot devices” to make sure that your smartphone is connected properly.
- Then type “fastboot flash recover_ramdisk recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Honor View10.
- Finally, press Power and Volume up button together to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Method 2: This method is only if you already root your Honor View10.
- Install TWRP app from Play Store.
- Open the app and agree to terms.
- Select your device and download the TWRP Recovery for your smartphone.
- Then tap on Select a file to flash and select the downloaded TWRP Recovery file to flash TWRP Recovery.
This guide will flash TWRP Recovery on your Huawei Honor V10.