Here we are going to show you how to root Honor 6 Plus.Root gives you deep control over your Huawei Honor 6 Plus.You can flash custom ROM once you root Honor 6 Plus.This guide also helps you in flash TWRP Recovery on Honor 6 Plus.TWRP Recovery further needed to root Honor 6 Plus.TWRP Recovery is also useful to take a complete backup of your smartphone.
Huawei launched Honor 6 Plus at CES in 2015.Honor 6 Plus is a phablet with 5.5 inches 1080p display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.Under the hood, Honor 6 Plus has octa-core Kirin 925 chipset with 3 GB ram which helps it to handle every task user through on it.Both the primary and front camera of Honor 6 Plus are of 8 MP.
This guide will flash TWRP Recovery on Honor 6 Plus with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then using TWRP Recovery we will flash SuperSU or Magisk systemless root file on Honor 6 Plus to gain root access.So you need to flash TWRP Recovery before going to root your Huawei Honor 6 Plus.Follow the below guide to flash TWPR recovery and root Honor 6 Plus.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWPR Recovery on Honor 6 Plus
- First of all, you need to unlock the bootloader of your Honor 6 Plus.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Move SuperSu.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Move TWRP-Recovery.img file into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot and rename it as recovery.img.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open ADB and Fastboot folder and double-click on “cmd-here” application to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command line type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Honor 6 Plus.
- Then type “fastboot reboot” and hold Volume up and Power button to boot into TWRP Recovery.
This guide will flash TWRP Recovery on your Honor 6 Plus.Now follow below guide to root Huawei Honor 6 Plus.
How to Root Honor 6 Plus
- In TWRP Recovery make sure moved SuperSu.zip file into internal storage or you can use MTP to move it.
- Tap on Install Button.
- Select SuperSU.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash root file on Honor 6 Plus.
- Clear cache data from TWRP Recovery and reboot your smartphone.
That’s it your honor 6 Plus is rooted after following this process carefully.