In this post, we are going to show you how to root Honor 6X.If you are using this smartphone and want to root Honor 6X than stay on this page.We also going to flash TWRP Recovery on Honor 6X.TWRP allows you to make a complete backup of your Honor 6X before getting root access.TWRP Recovery is also used to get root access on Honor 6X.You can flash custom ROM after getting root on Honor 6X and installing TWRP Recovery.
Huawei Honor 6X launched as a mid-range smartphone.It is also known as Huawei Mate 7.Under the hood, Honor 6X has Kirin 655 octa-core chipset.This smartphone comes with Android Marshmallow.But Huawei updates Honor 6X to Android Nougat.There are two cameras on the back of Honor 6X and 8 MP camera on the front.
This guide will first flash TWRP Recovery on Honor 6X with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then we are going to flash root file using the TWRP Recovery.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP Recovery on your Honor 6X and gain root access.Below is a step by step tutorial to root Honor 6X and install TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and Rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 6X
- First, Unlock the bootloader of your Honor 6X.
- Setup the ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Move the TWRP-Recover.img file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Press Shift+Right-click on blank space in that folder and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” to reboot into bootloader mode.
- Now type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on your smartphone.
- Then type “fastboot reboot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- if you find any boot loop the wipe the data factory reset and cache in TWRP Recovery.
Now follow the below guide to root your honor 6X.If you want system less root then follow the Magisk root guide.
How to Root Honor 6X
- Make sure you install the TWRP Recovery on your Honor 6X.
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery tap on Install button.
- Select SuperSU.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Once the process completes reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your smartphone has been rooted after following this process.