In this post, you will find a step by step guide to flash TWRP Recovery on HTC Desire 816.This guide also allows you to root HTC Desire 816.Flashing TWRP Recovery allows you to take a full backup of your smartphone.Moreover, TWRP Recovery is also required to root HTC Desire 816.Once you root your HTC Desire 816, you can able to do the certain task on your smartphone that requires root access.You can easily uninstall pre-installed apps after rooting your HTC Desire 816.So follow the given guide if you are ready to root HTC Desire 816 and flash TWRP Recovery.
HTC Desire 816 comes with Snapdragon 400 chipset which powers that device.The display of HTC Desire 816 is 5.5 inches with 720p resolution.You can take photos with 13 MP main camera or selfies with 5 MP front camera.Currently, this smartphone is running on Android Marshmallow.
This guide will flash TWRP Recovery on HTC Desire 816 with the help of ADB and Fastboot.TWRP Recovery is available for HTC Desire 816.Then you can easily flash SuperSU file on HTC Desire 816 with the help of TWRP Recovery.Which helps you in root HTC Desire 816.Below is a step by step tutorial to install TWRP Recovery on HTC Desire 816 and gain root access.So follow the guide step by step to root your HTC Desire 816 and install TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on HTC Desire 816
- First of all, make sure to unlock the bootloader of your HTC Desire 816.
- Setup the ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into Hboot by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Select Fastboot from Hboot using volume and Power keys.
- Rename TWRP Recovery file as recovery.img (.img is extension of file).
- Open ADB And Fastboot folder and move TWRP Recovery file into that folder.
- Press Shift+Right click and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on HTC Desire 816.
- Type “fastboot reboot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
That’s it this guide will install TWRP Recovery on your HTC Desire 816.Now follow the below guide to root HTC Desire 816.
How to root HTC Desire 816
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
- Move SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone using MTP.
- Tap on Install button.
- Select SuperSU.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the file and get root access.
- Reboot your smartphone.
You can confirm the root using Root Checker app to make sure that your HTC Desire 816 is rooted.