In this guide, we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery and root HTC U11.This guide will help you in root HTC U11.Moreover, this guide also shows you how to flash TWRP Recovery on HTC U11.TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery that helps you in flash custom ROM and other tweak files on your HTC U11.TWRP Recovery also helps in flash root files on your HTC U11.Rooting your HTC U11 also you to overcome the restrictions that smartphone maker put on your HTC U11.
HTC launched HTC U11 as a flagship device of 2017.This smartphone comes with Snapdragon 835 chipset which gives this flagship its power.On the front, there is 5.5 inches display with 1440p resolution.The best thing about HTC U11 is that it’s squeezing feature that allows the user to do different tasks by squeezing phone.
Firstly, you need to flash TWRP Recovery on HTC U11.This guide will flash TWRP Recovery with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then you can gain root access by flashing SuperSU file with the help of TWRP Recovery.But in case if you want systemless root then follow the magisk systemless root guide after flashing TWRP Recovery on HTC U11.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on HTC U11
- First of all, Unlock the bootloader of your HTC U11.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery.img file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img(don’t forget that .img is the extension of TWRP Recovery file).
- Press Shift+Right-click on empty space in that folder.
- Select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “adb devices” to make sure that your smartphone is connected.
- Now, type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot into download mode you can also use the key combination to do that.
- Once the smartphone boots up into download mode type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP recovery on HTC U11.
- You can also temporary boot into TWRP Recovery using “fastboot boot recovery recovery.img” command.
This guide will install TWRP Recovery on your HTC U11.You can follow below guide to root your HTC U11.
How to root HTC U11
- Move SuperSU.zip file into storage of your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery tap on Install button.
- Select SuperSU.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the file and gain root access on HTC U11.
- Reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your HTC U11 is rooted.You can check it with the help of Root Checker app.