In this post, we are going to show you how to root Moto X2.On the way to root Moto X (2nd generation) this guide also help you in flash TWRP Recovery on Moto X2.TWRP Recovery comes in handy when flashing tweak files and taking a full backup of your smartphone.There are many apps for Android that require root access to do some tasks.So rooting your Moto X (2014) help you in do these tasks easily.You can also flash custom ROM on your Moto X2 after flashing TWRP Recovery and getting root access.
As the name refers, Motorola launched Moto X2 as a successor to Moto X that was launched in 2013.Moto X (2014) has 5.2 inches 1080p display which is a great display for hardcore users.It gets its power from Snapdragon 801 chipset with Adreno 330 GPU which was flagship processor 2014.Motorola updates the Moto X2 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.
This guide will use ADB and Fastboot to flash official TWRP Recovery on Moto X 2014.Then you will need to use TWRP Recovery to flash SuperSU file on your Moto X (2nd generation) to get it rooted.Below is a step by step guide that makes it easy to root Moto X2 and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the TWRP Recovery flashing and rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto X2
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Moto X2.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Rename the TWRP-Recovery.img as recovery.img(.img is extension of file).
- Move it to the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot.
- In ADB and Fastboot folder, Press Shift + Right click on empty space.
- Select Open command window here to open Adb and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your Moto X2 into bootloader.
- Now type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto X2.
- Finally, type “fastboot boot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
This guide will flash and boot your Moto X2 into TWRP Recovery.Now follow below guide to gain root access.
How to Root Moto X2
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your Moto X 2014.
- Tap on Install button.
- Select SuperSU.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to confirm flashing process.
- Once the process completes reboot your smartphone normally.
You can install Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm root.