In this guide, we are going to show you how to root Galaxy Note 8.So if you have an Exynos version of Samsung Note 8 and want to root it then stay on this page.Root gives you more access to your Galaxy Note 8.You can do things like flash custom ROM on your Samsung Note 8 after getting root access.On the way to root Samsung Note 8, this guide will also flash TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 8.TWRP recovery makes it easier to flash tweak files on your Note 8.
Samsung launched Galaxy Note8 with Infinity Display with 18.5:9 aspect ratio.Galaxy Note8 has 6.3 inches 1440p Super AMOLED display with support for HDR 10 and 3D touch Home button.Under the hood, Galaxy Note8 has Exynos 8895 chipset with 6GB of ram, which makes it perfect phablet for hard-core users.
TWRP Recovery for Exynos based Galaxy Note8 is officially available.This guide will flash TWRP Recovery using Odin tool on your Note 8.Then you need to flash the root files with the help of TWRP Recovery to root your Samsung Note 8.You can also follow the Magisk root method after flashing TWRP Recovery if you want systemless root your Samsung note8.Follow the below step by step guide to flash TWRP Recovery and root Galaxy Note8.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 8
- First of all, Enable developer options by going to Settings>>About>>Software Info and tap on build number 7 times.
- Then go to Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into SDcard of your smartphone.
- Unzip the Odin tool file and install USB Drivers for your smartphone.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Bixby and Power button together.
- Connect to your computer using a data cable and press Volume up.
- Open Odin tool on your computer.
- Make sure to check that “F.Reset Time” is ticked and “Auto Reboot” is unticked in the options menu of Odin.
- Click on AP button and select TWRP-Recovery.img.tar file.
- Click on Start to flash TWRP Recovery on Note8.
- Once the Odin shows Pass message disconnect phablet from your computer and press and holds Volume down and Power button.
- Once the screen goes black press and holds Volume up, Bixby and Power button to boot into TWRP Recovery.
This guide will flash TWRP Recovery.Now follow below guide to gain root access.
How to Root Galaxy Note 8 using SuperSU
- Swipe to allow modification to the system.
- Go to Wipe and format data in TWRP recovery(This wipe all your data and internal storage).
- Then go to Reboot and select Recovery.
- Once device reboot into TWRRP Recovery, tap on Install button.
- Select SuperSU.zip file from your SDcard.
- Swipe to flash root file.
- Once done reboot your Note8 normally.
That’s it your Galaxy Note 8 is rooted you can use Root Checker to confirm.