In this post, we are going to show you how to root Oneplus 5t.Rooting your Oneplus 5t give you many new features like you can uninstall pre-installed apps and so.This guide will also flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T.TWRP recovery helps you in taking a complete backup of your smartphone before you make any deep changes.TWRP recovery is also required to gain root on OnePlus 5T.
OnePlus launched OnePlus 5T as their first smartphone with 18:9 aspect ratio screen.This smartphone has 6.0 inches Fullhd+ display with corning gorilla glass 5 protection.Under the hood, Oneplus 5t has Snapdragon 835 processor with 6/8 GB of ram.Oneplus 5t also support Dash charger which charges 3300 mAh battery of this smartphone fastly.
On the way to root Oneplus 5t, you first need to flash TWRP recovery on your Oneplus 5t.Then you can gain root access by flashing SuperSU root file on your 5t using TWRP recovery You can also try Magisk systemless root if you want.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP recovery and root your Oneplus 5t.If you want systemless root then follow the only first guide and after that follow the magisk root guide.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone may void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5T
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 5t.
- Install Adb and Fastboot Setup.
- Go to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Go to Settings>>Developer Options and tick USB Debugging, OEM unlock and Advanced Reboot.
- Press power key and select reboot>>bootloader to boot into bootloader.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Open the folder where you installed Adb and Fastboot and move TWRP-Recovery.img file here (rename it as recovery.img).
- Now, press Swift+right-click and select Open command window here to open Adb and Fastboot command prompt.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP recovery.
- Finally, type “fastboot boot recovery.img” to boot into recovery.
This guide will flash TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 5T.After that follow below guide to gain root access.
How to root OnePlus 5T using SuperSu
- First of all, Allow swipe to modification in TWRP recovery.
- Then go to Wipe and Format data.
- Go to reboot and boot into recovery.
- Once device reboot into recovery connect it to your computer and move SuperSU.zip file into internal storage.
- Go to Install and select SuperSU.zip file.
- Swipe to flash the root file.
- Go to reboot and reboot your device normally.
The rooting process is completed.First boot will take some time.You can install root checker to confirm root on your OnePlus 5t.