In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5A.TWRP Recovery helps you in create a full backup of your Redmi 5A before making any deep changes to the operating system.TWRP Recovery also allows you to flash SuperSu files on your Xiaomi smartphone to gain root access.This guide also shows you how to flash SuperSu file to root Xiaomi Redmi 5A.There are many apps which require root access to do certain tasks.You can flash Custom Rom after getting root your Redmi 5A.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A is entry level smartphone with decent hardware according to its price.This smartphone has 5 inches 720p IPS display and Snapdragon 425 chipset.Internal storage wise, Redmi 5A comes in two variants, One with 16GB storage and 2GB ram and other with 32 GB storage and 3 GB ram.
You will require a computer to flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5A.This guide will use ADB and Fastboot to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5A.Then with the help of TWRP Recovery, we will flash SuperSu file on Redmi 5A and gain root access.You can also flash Magisk systemless root with the help of TWRP Recovery.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5A and gain root access.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5A
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi 5A.
- Go to Developer options of your smartphone and tick USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
- Power of your smartphone and boot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Go to the folder where you install ADB and Fastboot setup.
- Move TWRP-Recovery.img file into that folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- Press Shift+Right-click no blank space in ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Click on Open command window here to open ADB and fastboot command prompt.
- Type “fastboot devices” to make sure that your device is connected.
- Now type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5A.
- Finally type “fastboot boot recovery recovery.img” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery, don’t allow swipe to system modification yet and just go with the read-only mode.
Now TWRP Recovery has been flashed on your Redmi 5A and it is time to flash root file and gain root access.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 5A
- Boot your smartphone normally from TWRP Recovery.
- Move the SuperSu.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Power off it and boot into TWRP Recovery using Volume up and Power button together.
- This time Allow swipe to modification.
- Tap on Install button and select SuperSu.zip file.
- Once the flashing process completes wipe cache.
- Finally, reboot your smartphone from TWRP Recovery.
You can use Root Checker app to confirm root on your Redmi 5A.