In this post, we are going to show you how to root Redmi Note 5.There are many tweaks for Android smartphone that require root access.This guide will use TWRP Recovery to root Redmi Note 5.So first this guide will help you in flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5.TWRP Recovery is also used to flash custom ROM on your smartphone.It is also useful to make a complete backup of your smartphone.
Xiaomi launched Redmi Note 5 as an entry-level smartphone.This smartphone has great specs according to its price.At the front, this smartphone has 5.99 inches FHD+ display and 5 MP camera.On the back, Redmi Note 5 has 12 MP camera and fingerprint sensor for security.This smartphone draws its power from Snapdragon 625 chipset.
Firstly, we will flash TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then using TWRP Recovery we will flash Supersu file to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5.You can also flash Magisk on your Redmi Note 5 if you want systemless root.So follow the below guide to flash TWRP Recovery and root your Redmi Note 5.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi Note 5 before going further.
- Move Supersu.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Move TWRP-Recover.img file into the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer and rename it as recover.img (keep in mind the .img is the extension of the file).
- Enable Developer option by going to Settings>>About and tap on build number 7 times.
- Go to Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot command prompt by double-clicking on “cmd-here” in ADB and Fastboot folder.
- In command prompt type “fastboot devices” to make sure that your device is connected.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5.
- Type “fastboot reboot” and press and hold Volume up and Power button to boot into TWRP Recovery (You can also try “fastboot boot recovery” command).
This guide will flash TWRP Recovery.Now next step is to flash root file using TWRP Recovery.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
- In TWRP Recovery, Swipe to allow modification into the system partition (only allow this if you are going to root your smartphone).
- Tap on Install button and select SuperSu.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash the root file on your Redmi Note 5.
- Finally, wipe cache of your smartphone and reboot it normally.
Rooting process for your Redmi Note 5 is completed.First boot will take some time.