In this guide, we are going to show you how to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A/Prime or Redmi Y1.We also help you in flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Y1 or on Note 5A/Prime.TWRP Recovery helps you in create a full backup of your smartphone and flash tweak files.TWRP Recovery is also required to root Redmi Y1 and Redmi Note 5A/Prime.Root gives you access to system storage of your smartphone where operating system files are stored.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime also known as Redmi Y1 in some markets comes with Snapdragon 435 chipset.It has 16 MP camera at front with flash so the main focus of this smartphone has on selfie lover.There is also a Redmi Note 5A with Snapdragon 425 chipset.All three smartphone has 5.5 inches 720p display at the front.
We will use ADB and Fastboot to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Y1 or Redmi Note 5A/Prime.Then with the help of TWRP Recovery, we can root these smartphones by flashing SuperSu file.You can also gain systemless root using Magisk.This guide is for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Note 5A Prime, and Redmi Y1.So if you are using any one of these smartphones then follow the below guide to root your smartphone and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5A/Prime and Redmi Y1
- Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- First of all, you need to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi smartphone.
- After that go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Move SuperSU.zip file into internal storage of your smartphone if you want to root it using SuperSu.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Move TWRP-Recovery.img file into ADB and Fastboot folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- In ADB and Fastboot folder Press Shift + Right-click on blank space.
- Select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command prompt.
- In command prompt type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP recovery.
- Now power off your smartphone and press Volume down and Power button together to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Once you finished the TWRP Recovery flashing process.Follow the below guide to root Redmi Y1/Redmi Note 5A/Prime.
How to Root Redmi Note 5A/Prime and Redmi Y1
- Make sure that you moved root file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Allow swipe to modification to give TWRP Recovery access to make system modification (Do not allow this if you are not going to flash root file).
- Tap on Install button and select SuperSU.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash root file.
- Once done wipe the cache of your smartphone and restart it normally.
You will find SuperSu file in app drawer of your smartphone after rooting with which you can handle root access.