In this guide, We are going to show you how to root Xperia XA Ultra and flash TWRP Recovery.So this guide helps you in flash TWRP Recovery on Xperia XA Ultra and gain root access.Root Xperia XA Ultra helps you in customizing your smartphone more deeply.You can flash Custom ROM after gaining root access and flashing TWRP Recovery on Xperia XA Ultra.TWRP Recovery allows you to flash tweak files on your smartphone to add the new feature to your Xperia XA Ultra.
Sony launched their phablet Xperia XA Ultra in July 2016.Xperia XA Ultra has large 6.0 inches 1080p display.Under the hood, Xperia XA Ultra has Mediatek Helio P10 octa-core chipset with 3 GB ram which helps this smartphone handle every task.There is a 21.5 MP main camera with f/2.2 aperture and 16 MP selfie shooter with optical image stabilization.
We are going to use a guide which is shared by XDA Senior Member here to flash TWRP Recovery and root Xperia XA Ultra.So you can follow the official guide if you want to know more about this method.This guide use Fastboot to flash TWRP Recovery and then root Xperia XA Ultra with the help of TWRP Recovery.So follow the below guide to root Xperia XA Ultra and install TWRP Recovery on Xperia XA Ultra.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Xperia XA Ultra
- Save DRM keys of your Xperia XA Ultra for use in future.
- Unlock the bootloader of your Xperia XA Ultra.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume up and connecting your smartphone to the computer.
- Flash boot delivery from Marshmallow firmware.
- Rename the TWRP-Recovery.img file to recovery.img and boot file to boot.img.
- Move both files into the flashtool/x10flasher_lib folder where you install Flashtool.
- Open Flashtool command prompt.
- Then Type “fastboot flash boot boot.img” and after that “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash boot and recovery files.
- Now unplug your smartphone and press and hold Volume down and Power button until the phone vibrates to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery Swipe to allow modification.
- Then go to Wipe and format data.
- Follow the Magisk systemless root guide to gain root access on Xperia XA Ultra.
- Reboot your Xperia XA Ultra normally.
- You can gain root with the help of Magisk.
After following this guide TWRP Recovery has been flashed on your Xperia XA Ultra.