In this post, we are going to show you how to root Zenfone 2.Rooting your Zenfone 2 allows you to take full advantage of your Asus smartphone by giving you full control over it.You can use apps that require root access once you root your Zenfone 2.But you need custom recovery in order to flash root file on your Asus Zenfone 2.But you do not need to worry because this guide also covers how to flash TWRP Recovery on Zenfone 2.
Asus launched Zenfone 2 in March of the year 2015.Zenfone 2 comes with 5.5 inches display.It has 2 variants as per display resolution, one with 720p Zenfone 2 ZE550ML and another with 1080p Zenfone 2 ZE551ML (they are also referred as Z008 and Z00A respectively).Both models of Zenfone 2 has 13 MP main camera and 5 MP front-facing camera.
This tutorial will flash TWRP Recovery on Zenfone 2 with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then we will flash root file like Magisk systemless root or SuperSu which is used in that tutorial with the help of TWRP Recovery to gain root access on Zenfone 2.So follow below guide to install TWRP Recovery on Zenfone 2 and then gain root using TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- TWRP-Recovery.img (For 720p, ZE550ML or Z008)
- TWRP-Recovery.img (For 1080p, ZE551ML or Z00A)
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 2
- Download the correct TWRP Recovery file for your smartphone and install ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Move TWRP Recovery into ADB and Fastboot folder and rename it as recovery.img.
- Move SuperSu.zip into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Go to Developer options in Settings and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Connect your Zenfone 2 to your computer.
- Open ADB and Fastboot folder and double-click on “cmd-here” application to open ADB and Fastboot.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot into bootloader mode.
- Once in bootloader mode type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP Recovery on Zenfone 2.
- Finally, type “fastboot reboot recovery” to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Once in TWRP Recovery follow below guide to root your Zenfone 2
How to Root Zenfone 2
- In TWRP Recovery tap on Install button and select SuperSu.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to flash the root file.
- Wipe cache of your smartphone using TWRP Recovery.
- Reboot your smartphone normally.
That’s it your Zenfone 2 is rooted after following this guide carefully.