This post helps you in unlocking the bootloader of your LG smartphone.The bootloader is the instructions that run when you start your smartphone.LG locked these instructions so that you can not able to make changes into the operating system of your LG smartphone.But you can unlock the bootloader of your LG Android device to get control over your smartphone.This guide will help you in unlocking the bootloader of your LG smartphone easily.
Unlocking bootloader allows you to make some changes into your smartphone.You can flash Custom ROM on your LG smartphone to change get some new features that are not supported by stock ROM.You also need to unlock the bootloader to get root access on your device.You can also flash a custom recovery on your smartphone after unlocking its bootloader.
LG officially allows you to unlock the bootloader of your LG smartphone.We are going to use the official process to unlock the bootloader of your LG smartphone.In this process, you need to get the file that requires to unlock the bootloader from LG and then flash it through ADB and Fastboot.So follow the below guide to unlock the bootloader of your LG smartphone.
WARNING – Unlocking Bootloader may wipe your data.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the unlocking procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Step to unlock the bootloader of LG smartphone
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer and USB install drivers for your LG smartphone.
- Enable developer options on your smartphone by going to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Get the IMEI number of your smartphone by dialing *#06# and note it down.
- Open the folder where your setup the ADB and Fastboot.
- Press Shift+Right-click and select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command window.
- In command window type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader.
- Once your smartphone boots up into bootloader mode type “fastboot oem device-id” to get Device ID of your phone.
- Note down both the Device ID lines that are shown in the command window in one string.
- Go to this page on LG’s site.
- Click on Start Unlocking the bootloader given at the bottom of the page.
- Log in or Signup for LG account.
- Confirm your name and email id.
- On next page, type IMEI number and Device ID string and confirm.
- LG will send the unlock key to your email address.
- Download the unlock key.
- Move the unlock file into the folder where you setup the ADB and Fastboot.
- Type “fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin” to unlock the bootloader of your LG smartphone.
- Finally, reboot your smartphone.
After following this process bootloader of your LG smartphone is unlocked.