Huawei Honor 5X is a mid-range device that comes with Snapdragon 616 chipset.This smartphone also support Quick Charge 2.0 that charges Honor 5X more quickly.Huawei recently updates Honor 5X to Android Marshmallow with EMUI on top.But there are some users who don’t like EMUI and want to flash custom ROM.If you are one of them and want to flash custom ROM on your Honor 5X then you are at right page.
CyanogenMod team released CM13 (also known as CyanogenMod 13) for Honor 5X which is great news.CyanogenMod is well-known custom ROM for Android smartphone.It has many features that stock ROM does not provide.CyanogenMod is also allowed more customizations than stock ROM.So if you want to flash the CM13 ROM on your Honor 5X than follow the below guide.
WARNING – Flashing Custom ROM may wipe your data.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Flash CM13 ROM on Huawei Honor 5X
- You need to flash TWRP recovery and get root access on your Honor 5X.
- Move CM-13-ROM.zip and GApps.zip files into your Honor 5X.
- Power off your smartphone and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together.
- Confirm the recovery mode using volume keys and power button to select.
- In TWRP recovery go to Wipe menu and factory reset your smartphone.
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Install button and select the CM-13-ROM.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- After flashing ROM file flash the GApps.zip file using the same method.
- Reboot your smartphone when the flashing process is completed.