A bootloader is a small program that starts when you turn on your phone.It has the instructions that boot up your smartphone.The bootloader will not allow you to make changes to the operating system of your smartphone.SO if you want to make some deep changes in the operating system of your smartphone then you need to unlock the bootloader of your device.
Unlocking bootloader is the first step toward tweaking your smartphone according to you.Unlocking bootloader allows you to gain root access on your device.You can flash custom ROM and recovery on your smartphone.Here we are going to show you how you can unlock the bootloader of your Motorola device.So if you are using a Moto device and want to unlock the bootloader of your device then follow the given instructions.Unlocking bootloader will wipe your data.This process may damage your phone so do it at your own risk.
How to unlock Bootloader of Motorola device
- Install the Motorola Device Manager and Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Connect your Moto smartphone to your computer.
- Open Settings>>About on your smartphone and tap on Buil number 7 times to enable developer options.
- Go to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging and Allow OEM Unlock options.
- Power off your smartphone and reboot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button simultaneously.
- Open the folder where you install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- In this folder press Shift + Right click and select Open command window here.
- Enter “fastboot devices” in the command window to check that your device is connected.
- Enter “fastboot oem get_unlock_data” to get unlock code.
- Copy all the code line and remove (bootloader) and spaces.
- Put all the lines into one string.
- Visit this site and sign in to your Motorola account if you have not a Motorola account yet then make one.
- Paste the string into the specific field on Motorola site and click on “Can my device be unlocked?”.
- If your device is unlockable then a “Request unlock key” will appear.Click on it.
- A unlock key will be sent to your email account.
- Copy the unlock key.
- Go back into the command window and enter “fastboot oem unlock unlock-key-here”.Change unlock-key-here with the unlock key you get.