In this tutorial, we will help you in flash TWRP Recovery and root HTC 10.TWRP Recovery helps you in flash Custom ROM and tweak file on your HTC 10.TWRP Recovery is also required to root HTC 10.Root gives you full control over your smartphone.You can make changes to the operating system of your HTC 10 after getting root.You can also update your HTC 10 to latest Android by flashing a ROM after installing TWRP Recovery and gaining root access.
HTC 10 launched in may,2016 as a flagship smartphone.This device has a Snapdragon 820 chipset and 4 GB RAM which is enough for hardcore use.On the back, HTC 10 has 12 MP camera with OIS support and dual-tone LED flash.At the front, we have 5 MP camera with OIS (which is great for selfie lover) and fingerprint reader.HTC 10 has 5.2 inches 1440p display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection.
You can easily root your HTC 10 with the help TWRP Recovery.So first we need to flash TWRP Recovery on your HTC 10.Then using TWRP Recovery and ADB we will sideload SuperSu root file and root your HTC 10.So follow the below guide to root HTC 10 and flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting may brick your device.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Method to flash TWRP Recovery and Root HTC 10 with Fastboot
- You need to unlock the bootloader of your device.Tutorial for unlocking HTC bootloader is given HERE.
- After unlocking bootloader connect your device with computer and open Fastboot.
- Enter “adb devices” to make sure that your smartphone is connected.
- Enter “adb reboot download” to put your HTC 10 into download mode.
- Now, enter “fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-file-path” to flash TWRP recovery.Change “twrp-recovery-file-path” with the address where you save the TWRPP Recovery file on your computer.
- Reboot into bootloader mode by entering “adb reboot bootloader” into the command prompt.
- Select Boot to Recovery in bootloader mode with the help of Volume and Power button.
- Select Cancel for data decryption.
- Tap on Advanced and then ADB sideload.
- Slide to confirm ADB sideload mode.
- Go back to the command prompt on your computer and enter “adb sideload SuperSU-file-path”.Change SuperSU-file-path with the address where you store root file on your computer.
- When the process is completed reboot your HTC 10.