OnePlus launched their first smartphone OnePlus One back in 2014.OnePlus One comes with the specification of a flagship smartphone but at price of a mid-range smartphone.OnePlus One has Snapdragon 801 chipset under the hood and 5.5 inches IPS display.OnePlus One has 13 MP main camera and 5 MP front camera.OnePlus One comes with CyanogenMod OS out of the box.CyanogenMod is popular ROM for Android smartphone.But OnePlus released their own Oxygen OS later for OnePlus smartphones.
There are many OnePlus users who did not like Oxygen OS and stick to CyanogenMod.But CyanogenMod shuts down which means that if you are using CyanogenMod ROM on your OnePlus One then you will not get updates.But there is a new Lineage OS ROM ready to take place of CyanogenMod.Lineage OS is built upon CyanogenMod ROM.So Lineage OS has all the feature that are in CyanogenMod OS.Lineage OS is also running on latest Android 7.1 Nougat.So if you are a fan of fan of Cyanogen and using CyanogenMod on your OnePlus One then flashing Lineage OS custom ROM on your smartphone is better for you.LineageOS is also best ROM if you want to flash a custom ROM on your OnePlus One.
Here we are going to share a step by step guide on how to flash Lineage OS custom ROM on OnePlus One.You need a custom recovery on your OnePlus One in order to flash Lineage OS ROM.Custom recovery is used to flash the ROM files on your OnePlus One.The bootloader of your smartphone also needs to be unlocked.Follow the below guide to flash LineageOS custom ROM on OnePlus One.
WARNING – Flashing Custom ROM may wipe your data.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to flash Lineage OS ROM on OnePlus One
- You need to root your OnePlus One and flash TWRP recovery on it first.
- Download the Lineage OS and GApps file and move them into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Boot your OnePlus One into TWPR recovery by pressing and holding Volume up and Power button together while the device is turned off.
- In TWRP recovery tap on Wipe and factory reset your smartphone.
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Install button.
- Select LineageOS ROM file.
- Swipe to flash the ROM file.
- Once the ROM files are flashed go back to the main menu again and flash the GApps file.
- Reboot your smartphone.