Xiaomi launched Redmi Note 3 as a successor to Redmi Note 2.Redmi Note 3 is a mid-range smartphone with decent hardware.Redmi Note 3 has a phablet size 5.5 inches 1080p display.Redmi Note 3 has 16 MP main camera and 5 MP front camera.Redmi Note 3 is running on Xiaomi’s own MIUI ROM.Which is based on the Android operating system.Redmi Note 3 has Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box but Xiaomi updated it to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
MIUI s stock ROM that comes pre-installed on Redmi Note 3.But there are many people that don’t like MIUI ROM and wants to change it.If you are one of those people who wants to change stock ROM of their Redmi Note 3 then you are on right page.We are going to share Lineage OS custom ROM for Redmi Note 3 with you.Lineage OS is not much known yet because it is new ROM from a new team for Android smartphones.After shutting down well-known CyanogenMod, a new team released Lineage OS ROM to take its place.So if you are a fan of CyanogenMod and wants its feature on your Redmi Note 3 then Lineage OS is best ROM for you.Lineage OS has all the features of Cyanogen OS.
Here we are going to show you how you can flash Lineage OS 14.1 on your Redmi Note 3.Your Redmi Note 3 need to be rooted and running on custom recovery in order to install Lineage OS custom ROM on it.We are going to flash the Lineage OS ROM file for Redmi Note 3 with the help of TWRP recovery.The bootloader of your Redmi Note 3 also needs to be unlocked in order to flash custom ROM.So follow the below guide to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Redmi Note 3.
WARNING – Flashing Custom ROM may wipe your data.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the flashing procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
Step to Flash Lineage OS on Redmi Note 3
- Make sure that bootloader of your Redmi Note 3 is unlocked.
- Follow the guide about Rooting Redmi Note 3 and flashing TWRP Recovery if your Redmi Note 3 has not custom recovery installed.
- Download the zip file Lineage OS ROM from the given link.
- Move the file into internal storage of your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery by going to Settings>>updater app and click on three dots then select Reboot to Recovery mode.
- In TWRP Recovery select Wipe and factory reset your smartphone by swiping.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Install Button and select Lineage OS zip file from the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Once the Lineage OS files are flashed go back again and flash the Open GApps file.
- Reboot your Redmi Note 3.