Nextbit launched Nextbit Robin in August 2015.Robin comes with 5.2 inches 1080p display.Nextbit takes a different approach with design and storage of Robin.Nextbit Robin has a unique design as compared to other smartphones.Under the hood, Robin has Snapdragon 808 chipset with 3 GB Ram which is enough for hard-core user and multitasking.As of storage Nextbit Robin has only 32 GB of on boards storage without microSD card slot but Nextbit overcomes this with cloud storage.Nextbit Robin moves unused apps on the cloud to free up space so that the Nextbit Robin will never fall out of storage.Other specs include a 2680mAh battery,13 MP back camera and 5 MP front camera.
Flashing a custom recovery and rooting your Nextbit Robin allows you to take more control over your smartphone.Flashing custom recovery helps you in flash tweak files and taking a full backup of your smartphone.Custom recovery also helps in flashing custom ROM and root your Nextbit Robin.Rooting allows you to overcome the restricts that Nextbit and Google put on your android based Nextbit Robin.You can overclock or underclock your smartphone after getting root access.
In order to flash SuperSU file and root your Nextbit Robin you need to flash a custom recovery on your smartphone.Good news is that TeamWin released TWRP Recovery for Nextbit Robin.TWRP Recovery is a popular custom recovery with many feature and user-friendly navigations.So here we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Recovery on your NextBit Robin.After flashing TWRP Recovery you can root your Robin.So rooting tutorial for Nextbit Robin is also shown in this post.Follow the below guide to install TWRP Recovery and root your Nextbit Robin.You need to flash TWRP Recovery file with the help of ADB and Fastboot.Then you can flash SuperSU file with the help of TWRP Recovery.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Nextbit Robin
- Install the USB driver and setup the Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Connect your Robin to your computer using a data cable.
- You can enable Developer options by going to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.
- Move the SuperSU.zip file into the internal storage of your Nextbit Robin.
- Open the folder where you setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Move the TWRP-Recovery-IMG file into that folder.
- Press Right click+Shift on blank space in that folder.
- Select Open command window here to open ADB and Fastboot command window.
- In command window type “adb devices” to confirm that your smartphone is connected properly.
- Type “adb reboot bootloader” to boot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- When your smartphone boot up into bootloader mode type “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader of your Nextbit Robin.
- Now, Type “fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Recovery-File-Name” to flash TWRP Recovery.Change TWRP-Recovery-File-Name with the name of TWRP Recovery file.
How to Root Nextbit Robin
- Type “fastboot boot recovery” to boot your smartphone into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery tap on Install.
- Select the SuperSU.zip file from the internal storage of your smartphone.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process completes tap on Reboot to reboot your smartphone normally.