Motorola Moto G (2nd Generation) also known as Moto G2 is released in 2014.Moto G2 is a mid-range smartphone with great features at this price point.Moto G2 is a successor to original Moto G that redefine the mid-range smartphone.Moto G2 offers the same Snapdragon 400 chipset with 1 GB ram.But there are many things that are improved.Moto G2 spot large 5 inches display with 720 resolution and Gorilla Corning Glass 3 protection.Back camera is also improved with 8 MP with 720p video capture support.The battery remains same 2070 mAh which is enough for daily usage.Moto G2 also offers stereo speaker at front.
Rooting you Moto G2 allows you to make some changes into your smartphone to make it more speedy and useful.Root allows you to flash custom ROM on your smartphone with which you can update your Moto G2 to latest Android version.You can also flash custom Kernel to tweak your smartphone more deeply.Rooting also helps in overclocking your smartphone to make it more speedy.You can also add some battery saving tweaks into your Moto G2 after rooting.
Here we are going to provide you the step by step guide to root Moto G2.So if you want to root your moto G2 then follow the given guide.You need to flash root files with the help of a computer in order to get root access on your Moto G2.Rooting your Moto G2 is not a complicated process.Follow the below tutorial to root Moto G2.This tutorial is for XT1063, XT1064, XT1068, XT1069, XT1072, XT1078 models of Moto G2.This process also unlocks the bootloader of your smartphone if you haven’t unlocked yet which will wipe all your data.So make a backup of your data before starting the root process.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Motorola Device Manager (For USB Driver)
- Check the model number of your smartphone and download the root file according to model number:
- CF-Auto-Root-titanumts-titanretuglb-xt1063.zip (For XT1063)
- CF-Auto-Root-titanumts-titanretca-xt1064.zip (For XT1064)
- CF-Auto-Root-titanumtsds-titanretaildsds-xt1068.zip (For XT1068)
- CF-Auto-Root-titanudstv-titanretbrdstv-xt1069.zip (For XT1069)
- CF-Auto-Root-thea-thearetgb-xt1072.zip (For XT1072)
- CF-Auto-Root-theaumtsds-thearetbrds-xt1078.zip (For XT1078)
Step to Root Moto G2
- In order to install the USB driver for your Moto G2, install the given Motorola Device Manager on your computer.
- Enable Developer options on your smartphone by going to About menu and tap on Build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Develper options and tick the USB Debugging options.
- Turn off your smartphone and boot into fastboot mode by pressing ad holding Volume down and Power button together.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Unzip the given root file into your computer.
- Open the folder where you unzip the given root file.
- Double click on root-windows file to start the rooting process.