Sony Xperia Z3 is launched in 2014 as a flagship Android smartphone.It comes with Snapdragon 801 CPU with 3 GB ram and Adreno 330 GPU which is the best chipset at the time of launch.Xperia Z3 has 5.2 inches 1080p display with X-Reality Engine for best viewing experience.Like the other Xperia Z series smartphone, this device comes with IP68 certified for dust and water resistant.Sony recently updates Xperia Z3 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow which is the latest version of Android.
You can root your Xperia Z3 running on Marshmallow with the help of given tutorial.Rooting your smartphone allows you to flash custom ROM and kernel on your smartphone.There are many apps that need root access to do certain tasks on your smartphone.So if you want to root your Xperia Z3 then follow the below step by step guide.
WARNING – Rooting your smartphone will void its warranty.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the rooting procedure.Make sure your device has at least 50-60 percent battery backup.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup
Step to Root Xperia Z3 on Marshmallow
- Unlock the bootloader of your Xperia Z3.
- Install the USB driver and Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>>Developer options>>USB Debugging.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Move the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip file to your smartphone.
- Move the mm-beta_permissive_no-RIC.img and recovery.img files to the folder where you setup the ADB and Fastboot driver.
- Open the folder where you install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup.
- Press Shift and Right-click on blank space in the folder and select Open command window here.
- Enter “adb reboot bootloader” to boot up your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- When your smartphone boot up into bootloader mode enter “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash recovery.
- Enter “fastboot flash boot mm-beta_permissive_no-RIC.img” to flash custom kernel.
- Enter “fastboot reboot recovery” to boot your smartphone into recovery mode.
- In TWRP tap on Install button and select the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Reboot your Xperia Z3.