Sony locked the bootloader of their android devices to prevent the user from doing some serious changes like removing stock firmware etc.But you can unlock the bootloader of your Sony device to get more control over your device.Unlocking bootloader allows you to flash custom ROMs on your device.It also allows you to flash custom kernals like TWRP and CWM etc.
Unlocking bootloader may void the warranty of your device.Your device might damage permanently.We are not responsible if your device gets damaged during the bootloader unlocking process.Bootloader unlocking also removes the DRM security keys of your Sony device.But you can take a backup of your DRM keys and restore it once the bootloader unlocking process is completed.
Method to Unlock Bootloader of Sony devices
Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings>>Developer options and tick USB Debugging.If your device missed Developer options then enable it by going to Settings>>About and tap on Build number 7 times.
Before going to start the unlocking process check whether your device allows bootloader unlocking or not by dialing *#*#7378423#*#*.Then, go to Service info>>Configuration and check the Rooting Status.
Method 1: Unlock bootloader using kingo
This will require working internet connection on your computer.
- Download the SONY Bootloader Unlock software by Kingo from HERE.
- Install the software and open it into your computer.
- Connect your Sony device to your computer using the data cable.
- Kingo will automatically detect your device and installed required driver for it.
- Read the shown notification and click on UnLock button to begin the bootloader unlocking process.
Method 2: Unlock bootloader using Flashtool
- Visit Sony Bootloader Unlock page.
- Select your Sony device from the bottom drop down menu and click on continue.
- Enter your email address on next page and click on Submit.
- You will receive an email from Sony.Open this email and click on given link(for Ex- click here to proceed).
- Dial *#06# or go to Settings>>About>>Status>>IMEI information to know IMEI number.
- Enter the IMEI number into given field and click on Submit.
- You got a Bootloader unlock code, write it down.
- Now, Download the Flashtool from HERE.
- Install the Flashtool into your computer and open it.
- Click on BLU button given in Flashtool.
- Then, power off your device.Connect your device to the computer using the data cable and press Volume Down key simultaneously to boot into fastboot mode.
- Press the volume up key to confirm the fastboot mode.
- Now, Flashtool asks for Unlock code enter it and press Unlock button.
- Flashtool will do its job and unlock the bootloader of your Sony device.