Now a day, more and more Android smartphone comes with locked bootloader.Xiaomi does same with their latest smartphone to prevent you from tweaking your smartphone.Bootloader prevents you from making the changes into the operating system of your smartphone.You need to unlock the bootloader in order to gain root access or flash Custom Rom.
So if you want to overcome the resistant that Xiaomi put on your device you need to unlock the bootloader.After unlocking the bootloader you can gain root access and tweak your smartphone more deeply.To unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi smartphone follow the given instructions.Unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data so make sure to take a backup of your smartphone.
Step to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi device
- Visit the unlocking site given HERE.
- Click on Unlock Now button.
- On next page, you will need to login to your Xiaomi account.
- Once you login to your account you will need to fill the Unlock application permissions form.
- After filling the form click on apply immediately.
- Xiaomi will send you a six digit code enter it on next step.
- Unlocking approval will take more up to 30 days.
- When your unlocking application is approved install the MiFlash tool on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a data cable.
- Turn off your smartphone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button.
- Login into your account on MiFlash tool.
- Click on Unlock button to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone.